The Internet has become one of the bare minimum necessities to survive the pandemic across the world. Needless to say, the demand for high-speed wireless or wired internet at home and office has also shot up. Today, wireless internet is an essential part of our lives. A good router or modem is needed to have uninterrupted internet service at home or office. But apart from that, basic technical knowledge to set up the connection is also important. Users can do the setup using the SSID and password provided at the back of the router.
But in most cases, when they are not aware of the option, the default IP address comes to the rescue. One such private default IP address is 192.168 1.114. This can be used for routers from TP-link, Netgear and D-link. In this article, we have shared in detail the steps to log into the router and also how to set the password and also troubleshoot as required.
In many cases, if you are facing trouble with the router at odd hours, finding a professional to help gets tricky. However, when you know the steps and technique, managing your router and the relevant issues become much easier. Read on and find out everything you need to know about 192.168 1.114 and how it is helpful for specific router and modem setup.
Also Read : 192.168 l 201
How to Log Into 192.168 1.114?
The router setup is the first step to ensure you have a consistent and high-speed internet connection at home. The 192.168 1.114 default IP address is available for all and hence can be used to start the setup process as long as it is the right option for your device. But before you begin the process, there are a few important points to be noted so that the setup does not get interrupted mid-way:
- Your browser must be updated to the latest version. While this usually does not pose trouble, in case the browser is very backdated, it can pose a problem when you try to open the router admin panel. Also, the most recommended browser for this purpose is Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Choosing any of these is good enough.
- Make sure the default IP address 192.168 114 is entered correctly in the address bar of the browser and not the search bar. Once you have entered it correctly, you will be redirected to the router’s admin panel. However, any extra character or space will prevent that and you will get an error message.
- The device from which the setup is done must be connected to the internet network which you are trying to set up on the router. If you use a different network connection, the setup will not be done.
- Lastly, if there is any connection error, rectify it absolutely in the beginning so that the network does not get disrupted while the setup is ongoing. This includes checking the ethernet cables and other relevant hardware issues.
Once you have done these things, the following are the steps to start the setup using 192.168 1.114:
- Open your preferred browser and enter the default IP address in the address bar and then click enter.
- You will be redirected to the login page of the router’s admin panel where you must enter the default username and password in the respective fields. Once it is done correctly, press enter.
- The homepage of the router’s admin panel will open and you will find all the relevant tabs and categories for setting up the router.
- Make the desired configuration for your router from the respective tabs and then make sure to click on the Save button. Once this is done, the setup will be completed.
In case you wish to change the local IP address for your router after the setup is completed, it can be done following the steps shared below:
- Once you access the router’s admin page, go to the general settings section.
- Underneath the section, there is “network settings”. Here you will find several more options as you scroll down including the “router settings”.
- Open the router settings and enter the relevant Ip address in the respective field and click on save.
The default IP address 192.168 1.114 is the common IP address that is used by most users when they do not know their specific address. This often leads to a security issue and can leave your devices vulnerable to threats. However, once your setup is completed using the default address, you can always update with the specific address.
Here’s how to find it:
In case you are a Windows user, the following are the steps:
- Click the network icon at the bottom right of your windows.
- In the menu that appears, select the Wi-Fi network that you are using.
- Once you select the network, all the relevant details will be displayed among which there will be an option IPv4 where the IP address is present.
For Mac OS, you can look up following the steps below:
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Look for an open System Preference.
- Choose the network used for internet access.
- In the category called a router, you will find the respective IP address being listed.
Also Read : 192.168.112
Troubleshooting the 192.168 1.114:
Irrespective of the router or modem you use; technical glitches are inevitable at times. But with the right knowledge and basic technical aptitude, they can be sorted quickly. In case you face any trouble like disconnection and inability to connect to the internet, you must find out the reason behind the error. Once you find it out, implementing the relevant troubleshooting technique becomes easier. Here we have listed different types of common glitches and errors that users complain about when they use any default IP address like 192.168.114. We have also provided possible solutions to them as listed below:
Error #1 Unable To Connect To The Internet:
This is the most common trouble that users have. The inability to connect to the internet despite setting up the router is often faced in the initial stage. This is usually caused when incompatible or wrong settings are saved. Users must ensure the settings they have chosen are correct and relevant for the router model and the internet network they are using. In case you are not sure, consult the ISP or the router manufacturer and then do the setup. In such a situation, once the setup is done correctly, the problem gets sorted automatically too.
Error #2 Hardwire Issue:
The hardwire issue is also another problem that even goes undetected. When everything looks fine but there is an internet connectivity error, check the ethernet cables. You can perform a simple test by replacing your usual cable with another new functional one. In case the problem gets sorted, it indicates the previous cable was defective. However, if the problem persists, there may be a loose connection at the port. Fix the port and then try again or use a different port altogether.
Error #3 Unable To Do The Setup:
users witness error messages when they are trying to start the router setup process. Often instead of the router’s login page, they get a message that the address entered is incorrect or cannot be reached. Check thoroughly the default IP address 192.168 1.114 is entered correctly. Any extra space, character or missing character will cause this error. it is best to paste the IP address in the respective field after copying it from an authentic source.
Error #4 Unable To Connect To The Default IP Address:
Though default IP addresses can be used universally, one must note that not all private IP addresses are compatible with all brands of the router. Hence, based on the model and brand of router you are using, the default IP address should be accordingly chosen for setup. The default IP address error is caused majorly when the chosen address is incompatible.
Error #5 The Internet Server Is Down:
Last but not the least, often the internet is extremely slow as the server is down or gets disconnected frequently. This is usually not a fault of the router or the setup process. If there is a local internet outage for your ISP, the problem will happen. The best solution is to wait till the issue is sorted from the respective service provider and then try connecting again.
Also Read : 192.168 1.133
How To Reset The Password Of Logins?
When you are using the default IP address, the login is done through the default username and password. This leaves your device and network vulnerable to unauthorized access. Hence, it is strongly advised to update the password as soon as the setup is completed. Moreover, periodically updating the password also keeps your device safe from hacking as it is the most basic but effective barrier against such troubles. Do note that the default password can be changed but not the username which is fixed. The following are the steps to change the default password:
- Login to your router’s admin panel using the default credentials.
- Once you have logged in, look for the general settings tab.
- Under the general settings option, you will find the wireless settings
- Once you click on it, several more options will come up including the SSID field. The option to change the password will be available in the same menu.
- Choose a strong and unpredictable password for your device.
- Enter it again in the respective field to confirm.
- Click on apply and then save the changes.
The password will be updated. Do note, once it has been changed, you will have to re-login to the network from all other client devices as all of them will get logged out. But what happens when you have already updated the default password but have forgotten the last one you have set? In such a situation, restoring the factory settings and then setting up the device again is the only option. You can do so following the steps shared below:
- There is a small red button for resetting the device physically, behind the router.
- Hold and press it down for 10 seconds till all the lights on the router go out.
- Unplug it from a power source and leave the router idle for a few minutes before plugging it back in.
- Turn on the router again and wait till the LED lights turn solid from flickering red or blue.
- The entire refresh process followed by finding and connecting to the internet takes 5-20 minutes.
- Once it is done, start the setup once more and then the password updating steps.
Also Read : 192.168.l.110
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why can’t I access my router’s admin page?
You likely entered the IP address incorrectly or there is an internet network error. Once these troubles are sorted, the router’s admin page can be accessed.
- Can you be logged into Wi-Fi without internet access?
You can be connected to Wi-Fi without internet access. This is an error with the router’s connection to the ISP so it will work but will not be able to reach the internet as in such case there is no valid IP address.
- Can I get the internet with just a router?
The only way you can get internet with a router is when the device has a built-in modem. Otherwise, it cannot connect to the internet service.
- Why does my router connect but have no internet access?
In case the network driver is outdated, the problem of the router being connected but no access to the internet occurs. Look for the latest update for the network driver and install it and the problem is likely to be solved.
- Why is my Ethernet saying no Internet?
In case the ethernet network is enabled but it is saying unidentified network, then first disable and then enable it again. This can be done from the network connection option.
Also Read : 192.168 1.109
The 192.168 1.114 is a popular default IP address used by many users across the world who use routers from brands like Netgear, D-link and more. Once you have mastered the login and password setup process, you can manage the router without professional support.
However, it is advisable that in case the trouble is critical and seems to be beyond the scope of minor troubleshooting, you should wait for help from the manufacturers. On the bright side, if you have a good router anything more than minor glitches is rare. With all the steps and procedures shared above, you can handle them easily and enjoy uninterrupted internet round the clock.