One of the best things that have happened with the invention of the internet is we can access all the contents from all around the world without the barrier of regions and languages. And we are using the internet in multiple synced devices for nearly all of your tasks. Today, even our homes have become smart devices that are operated by the Wi-Fi network we installed in the house. At workplaces, the inter-connected devices work with either ethernet cables or with the help of a wireless network. And there is one thing that helps us connect to everything, that is a modem and a router. In this article, we are going to discuss the complete process of Orbi router login and changing different settings in it.
But first, let’s understand what a router is or does…
Well, a router is a device that helps us to get into the network of the internet service provider and allows us to access the internet. So, when the router is functioning properly, we get a perfect home or workplace with good connectivity. Often, there are times when due to any security reasons or personal preferences, we need to change the different configurations and settings of these routers such as SSID name and password. Now that you understand this, you must know how to login to Orbi router.
Also Read : SMC Network Router Login
How to Log Into Orbi Router?
There are situations in our life when we are connected to our home or work network through the Orbi Router and we need to change any settings related to it. In some cases, these changes may be small ones like the SSID name or the username of the Orbi Router. But in other cases, you are required to change the password or access the login history of the router.
To perform all these tasks, you will need to login to Orbi Router admin login portal via the default gateway provided to you. The complete process of logging into the Orbi Router is explained as follows:
- First, connect your system or smart device to the same Orbi Router network that you want to log in to. These connections can either be made with coax cables or Wi-fi.
- Once you have an active internet connection, open your system browser and type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar. This is the default gateway Orbi IP address for Orbi Router. Once you are done, hit the enter button.
- This will take you to the Orbi default login page where you will be available with two text fields to enter your username and password for admin access. For new users, the default username is “admin” and the Orbi default password is “password”. Once you type these credentials, click on the login button.
- You will be able to access the basic home display from the Orbi Router admin page with different menus. In case you are shown an error message of “Incorrect username or password”, then the credentials entered by you are incorrect and you can try to retrieve them.
- After you successfully log in, there will be options for changing the different configurations for Orbi Router. In the advanced sections from settings, you will find the “Administration” option where you can change the SSID of the network or the username or password for your Orbi Router.
- Once you are done with the necessary modifications in the settings menu, click on the “Apply” button and your settings will be saved for the future. Then click on the logout button and close the browser.
Also Read : Comtrend Router Login
Troubleshooting the Orbi Router:
When we are talking about any technology, there are chances that the product will face technical issues in the feature. Whether a big issue or a small one, these troubles prevent us from completing our tasks. And if you are using the Orbi Router, then there are some of the common issues that most users face due to the issues with the router. These issues along with their solutions have been explained as follows:
Power Fluctuations In Orbi Router:
One of the most common reasons that are seen in the case of many users when they try to start the Orbi Router but can’t do so is that the power supply to the router is disrupted. There can be multiple reasons for this disruption, and the simplest of all is an improper connection at the switchboard where you plugged in the router.
Make sure that the power is flowing continuously to the Orbi Router by checking the power LED on the outer face.
Issues With The Server:
There are situations where the local internet service providers are the cause for interrupted internet connectivity and they are responsible for the poor network service. You can check this by whether others using the same network as you are having similar issues in their systems or not.
And then you can contact the customer support team from the internet service provider regarding this issue.
Improper Cable Connections:
In some situations, where you are using coax cables to connect with the Orbi Router from your system or the connection from the Orbi Router to the modem is not checked properly. So, this improper connection of cables causes disruptions in the network, and this results in inaccessible internet connectivity.
To ensure no such trouble happens, you should check the cable connections to all the devices thoroughly.
Also Read : Linksys Login Router
How to Reset The Password of Logins?
In some cases, if you want to change the password due to any security reasons or personal preferences, then the process of changing the password may seem overwhelming. You can follow these steps to avoid any complications and successfully change your password:
- First, open your browser in your system that is connected to the same Orbi Router that you are trying to log in to and type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar. Then hit the enter button and this will take you to the login page.
- This page will ask you for your existing username and password. By default, the username for Orbi Router is “admin” and the default Orbi password for the same is “password”. When you type the username and password, you will need to click the login button.
- Then after logging in, you will see the basic home page interface where you will be available with different options and settings.
- Navigate to the “Advanced Section” and click on the “Administration Option”.
- Then from the options available, click on the “Set Password” option, and then after typing the new password, click on the “Apply” button.
- Then close the window and your new settings should be saved by now.
There are situations where you are constantly trying to log in to your browser and you are unable to do so because of an incorrect username or password. In such cases where you are unable to retrieve the password, you can factory reset the device to its default settings by pressing the reset button.
The reset button is generally present at the back of the Orbi Router or the bottom of it. Also, if you are unable to press it because of its small size, then you can try pressing it with a toothpick or pin. After the Orbi Router resets, restart it and try to log in with the default username and password.
Also Read : Log Into Verizon Router
Troubleshoot Orbi Router Login Issues:
Though you have a stable power connection and even if your connections to the system as well as Orbi Router are proper, you may still find issues with logging into the Orbi Router. There can be various reasons for this login issue and they have been explained with their respective solutions as follows:
Sometimes the browsers that you use on your systems block some of the IP addresses since they are not compatible with the browser settings. You can try clearing the cookies and cache data for your browser and try to login again with your username and password.
Also, you can check the browser compatibility from the Netgear Orbi Router official website from the list of browsers. Along with this, you should also make sure that your internet is connected to the same network and is functioning properly.
Wrong IP Address:
The most common reason where users are unable to log in to the Orbi Router admin login page is that the IP address that they enter to the address bar or the browser is wrong. Every router has a unique IP address that is the default gateway for that particular brand. And 192.168.1.1 is the default address for Orbi Router.
But when users try to enter this address, the browser tries to auto-fill it and when someone clicks on the suggestion, and if it’s a different address, then the login page doesn’t appear at all.
Wrong Username Or Password:
Some of the users type their username or password incorrectly and this creates a login issue with “Incorrect username or password”. For new users, its “admin” as username and password is “password” by default.
For users who forgot their credentials, they can try resetting the router by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds. Usually, this button is present at the back of their router.
Also Read : technicolor Router Login
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Netgear Orbi Router?
Orbi Router is a router from the Netgear company and is a connectivity device that allows you to access the internet provided to you through the internet service providers. You can either connect with your system via coax cable or via Wi-Fi to access the internet from Orbi Router.
- How to log in to the Orbi Router from my system?
To login to your Orbi Router, you will need to go to your system browser and then type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar. Then hit the enter button and this will take you to the login page. Enter your username and password for Orbi Router and then click on the login button.
- Do I need to use a modem to connect the Orbi Router?
Though it is not necessary to use a modem along with the Netgear Orbi Router, it is advised that a combination of both devices will give you optimal speed and security. Because when you connect a modem to your network, it will provide more flexibility to the Orbi Router and thus will increase the data stability.
- How to change the username of my Orbi Router?
To change your username for Orbi Router, you will first need to go to the login page, and then after entering the existing password and user id, go to the Advanced section. Then find the option for “Change Username” and then type the new username twice to confirm it.
- How to reset the password of my Orbi Router?
If you forgot your password and can’t retrieve it by any means, then you can go for resetting the Orbi Router to its default configurations. To do that you will need to press the reset button present at the back of the Orbi Router for 15 seconds. Then after that, restart your Orbi Router and try to log in with the default username and password.
Also Read : Asus Router Password
Orbi Router is believed to be one of the most successful brands in the market of routers and because of its popularity, there are over millions of users for this router brand. And when anyone needs to change any settings or configurations in any of their router devices, they will need to log in to the Orbi Router.
The article explained all the details about the process of logging in to the Orbi Router as well as the different settings that the users can access. If the user is still facing issues regarding any of the processes, then they should contact the customer support team from Orbi Router.